Thursday, May 7, 2009

one week in Greece!

Well, I've been in Greece a week so far. I miss Italy, but I'm enjoying Greece and learning the ropes of sailing and binging in very close quarters with 14 other people! Group dynamics are interesting. I know they will get more interesting as everyone gets more comfortable, guards come down and all that. Theo and Sandra are wonderful, they are the couple that runs the program, Sandra is a wonderful cook and we're eating very well! Theo is a good teacher and says we're learning things quickly.

One of the biggest lessons I've realized that God is teaching me this year is that of yielding to others, whether I think they know what they're talking about or not.

Please be praying for our unity in our teams and small groups. We have been split up into 3 watch teams, four people each and 2 small groups, 6 people each. I see that there are a few personalities that have chafed a bit and when people get more comfortable, the worst and best comes out, so my prayer is that it won't get too nasty. And especially that I will act in an honorable way toward those around me, particularly those I can clash with. I can't control the way they act, but I can control the way I act and respond.

Thanks for your prayers and notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment