Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm in the Philippines!

Hi everyone, I've been in the Philippines for three days but I just got to the school yesterday. I got a short tour of the houses and the clinic yesterday and then Janelle and I went shopping and made dinner and took a walk in the rain, which was probably the best part of the day. :) I went to an outreach clinic this morning in another neighborhood, they do prenatals, blood tests and listen to the baby's heart beat. Then this afternoon I did swing shift, 2-10, with the girls in the birthroom, we had a couple ladies come in but there weren't any births, so I still haven't seen a birth yet. But, I will be in the birthroom for three or four more shifts, so I should get to see a few. I've had a great time catching up with Janelle and hearing about midwifery and it's been great to talk to the girls and get their opinions and advice and stuff, lots of good things to think about. The consensus seems to be that it's a really hard 2 years but it's totally worth it. I'm waiting to "decide" until I see a bit more and have a chance to observe more, but I'm pretty much sold on coming to school here, however I'm still asking the Lord for wisdom and trying to stay open.
Thanks for your prayers, please pray for direction and that I'd get to see a few births and that my atm card would work. :)
Blessings,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment