Monday, July 20, 2009

2 weeks and counting!

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying being here and now, but after not being home for 4 months I'm excited to sleep in my bed and see my parents and talk to people that I miss sooo much.

Field Forum was last week and it was great, even though it rained most of every day. I we did have a sunny day yesterday, which was wonderful, we went to the beach and had a wonderful time.

It was great to be able to talk to some of the different missionaries and hear what they do and how they got here. I am very excited that I have the opportunity to go up to Poipet, on the border by Thailand, to help the Copelands get their house cleaned up a bit. Jonathan and I are going up there on Wednesday and we'll stay with them till Friday when we'll go to Siem Riep for English camp next week.

I work mostly with the youth, 11-18. but I went with the little kids a couple times, I really enjoyed hanging out with the youth, for as long as I can remember I've gotten along really well with MKs and these ones were no exception, we had a great time talking about life issues and hanging out and playing lots of games.

Last night we were driving form the hotel that Field Forum was at to our hotel, because they couldn't take us all, and I saw an uprooted tree, a small one, in ther middle of the road, Jonathan said it's basically their version of a trafic flare. I found it very amusing and thought you all might as well.

I don't know what my internet access will be like in Siem Riep, so you might not hear much more from me, but I've said that a few times. Thank you for all your prayers. Please pray for extra grace and wisdom in relationships and dealing with team memebers. And please pray for safety in travel as well as we'll be doing a lot of travel this week.

Blessings,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment