Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm home!!!

It's a bit strange, after being gone over four months, some things at home and around Ellensburg are the same, some are different, and I know that I've changed, but I could also see myself slipping right back into where I was before and not changing a bit, which I definitely don't want to do. It's very good to be home, I've missed my family a lot and I've missed Ellensburg and Mercer Creek Church too.

The last weeks in Cambodia were good, I went up to Poipet to help a missionary family get moved into their house after home assignment, I think it was the highlight of my time in Cambodia. The last week was English Camp in Siem Reap, and that was a bit hard, only because I was ready to come home and it was hard to keep my heart there, it was a great English Camp, not because the students knew a lot of English but because of the fellowship and fun that was had.

I'm now in the midst of trying to process things while trying to get over a cold, and figure out if I ate something bad or if I picked up a parasite in my last week. :( I've got a lot of stuff to do in the next year if I want to go to NewLife next year in the Philippines, so I'm starting to get some balls rolling in that area as well.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support and e-mails, I've been very blessed and I certainly couldn't have done all that I did without you all. I have yet to contact the church and find out what my financial situation is, I know I probably still owe GV a bit for Cambodia and I have $500 I need to send to Carmen for Italy, but if nothing else I can pay that back when I start working this fall.

Thank you all so much, I look forward to seeing most of you and sharing stories from the last months.
Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment