Tuesday, March 31, 2009

5 days in Italia!

Well, I've been here for five days now. We spent the last 4 days insanely getting ready for the quilting class, we barely had it together for the classes yesterday, but God is gracious and we did make it. We had 7 people in the morning class and 9 in the evening class, it was a good amount.

The morning class was an older group and very traditional, Catholic, like most of Italy. Aparently the Catholic church in Italy is much different than in America, the older generation at least is very closed to "Protestants", Steve said they think of us as JWs or Hare Krishnas. However the evening class was a younger group, 30s to 40s I think, and they were much more open and they had a wonderful time, Cindy told them that next time she would tell them a short Bible story while they were sewing and they were quite pleased with that.

I do miss home a bit, especially when I'm having a hard time getting along with certain personality types, but God is working on me and I trust that He is using it all for the best.

Last night I had a wonderful chat with a young man, Thomas, who was here helping Carmen with children's programs the last week and a half. Their flight got cancelled yesterday and so they had an extra night here. He's fromm Austria but he's spent this school year working at a Bible college in Sweden. Thomas is a young Christian, but his passion and devotion to the Lord are inspiring and refreshing, it was wonderful to talk of the things of the Lord!

Please pray for the coming quilting classes, they are on M,W,F at 10-12 in the morning and 8-10 in the evening. Last night's class would have stayed until midnight if we'd let them I think. We are 9 hours ahead here, so the morning class would be from 1-3 in the morning in WA and the evening would be from 11 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon.

Thanks for all you prayers. Feel free to e-mail me or facebook me or whatever, I'll do my best to respond, I don't think that my life will be as crazy for the rest of the time I'm here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment