Sunday, March 29, 2009

My latest letter

Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Dear Friends and Family,
My trip is upon me, I’m leaving tomorrow. I know everything will work out in God’s time. I have received more information since my last letter and details have come together. It’s very exciting to see how God has worked and continues to make everything happen at the right time.
Here’s my itinerary:
Italy 3/27-4/28
Greece 4/29-6/15
Philippines 6/17-6/24
Cambodia 6/25-8/2
Some gracious women donated fabric for the quilting class I’ll be doing in Mestre, and I purchased a bit of backing and batting for the quilts. The lady that I’m doing the class with, Cindy, is very excited. We decided to make prayer/comfort shawls or wall hangings. I’ll also be helping to make banners for their new church building. Carmen will keep me pretty busy with her everyday ministries. I think we’ll be doing some park ministry with children, as well.
I’ve had a good deal of contact with the girls, though not with the guys, who are doing Impact Training in Greece. We’re all looking forward to getting to know each other. We’ll be meeting in Athens a day early, where we will do some sight seeing, then travel up to Volos together. I will have very limited internet contact on this leg of my journey.
Due to conflicting schedules I’ll be going to the Philippines immediately after Greece, to visit the midwifery school. The best thing about that is that my friend Janelle will still be there, so I’ll get to see her and get a better perspective on things, since there will be someone there that I know. I’ll be there for one week; Global Ventures was willing to push the Cambodia trip back some and I wanted to be sensitive to their scheduling.
I’ll be in Cambodia for about 5 1/2 weeks. I’ve had contact with the Lobbezoos--the missionaries I’ll be working and staying with. There will be one other person on the team, Jackie, from Nyack College in New York. We will be helping with two English camps, and we will spend one week on the Gulf of Thailand where the CMA missionaries in Cambodia are having their annual conference--Jackie and I will be watching over the missionaries’ children while they’re in meetings. The cost of airfare was taken out of Global Ventures’ total, making it $2250, $1600 less than the original cost.
As of today, my tickets are paid for. That leaves $2250 for GV, $500 for Italy and around $150 for costs in the Philippines. Please pray that God would continue to provide. I know He has the resources and I choose to trust Him, I know that God promises to provide when we seek His Kingdom and follow Him. I’m continually reminded that faith is a choice, not a feeling, and that brings me peace
Thank you all for your support, encouragement, prayers, and donations. If you’d like to be kept up-to-date on what’s happening via the internet, please drop me an e-mail at beebekn@juno.com, with a quick note asking to be added to my e-mail newsletter list. You can track me through Facebook, or follow my blog, http://naomi-thetravelingnome.blogspot.com/. There will be more pictures on Facebook than on the blog, but I will upload photos to both sites.

Blessings,
Naomi Beebe

No comments:

Post a Comment